Saturday nights can sometimes be a whole bunch of hype. ESPECIALLY when you have to make a reservation, drive, valet, wait, sit, wait, blah blah blah. So to shake it up a bit, I decided to have a girl’s night in: my treat. The treat being a lovely home-made Eggplant Parmesan (did I mention under 500 calories). So here is our story told through a delicious and easy recipe time-line..bon appetit!!
WHAT YOU NEED: ( grabbed everything for roughly $20 at Trader Joe’s…because honey bees LOVE organic and to save some moolah)
- 2 Eggplants
- Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Marinara Sauce (TJ’s has an amazing selection…beeeee creative!)
- Shredded Mozzarella (beeeeee greedy)
EASY BREEZY STEPS THAT WOULD MAKE YOUR MAMA PROUD:
- To begin, prepare two mixing bowls. One with the bread crumbs (2 cups) and one with the beaten eggs (my cardio that day). Check out the video..
- The eggplant will stay in the oven, four minutes on each side. Keep a eye on it though, you want it to be just brown on top (we are NOT sunbathing ladies). Next..
- Layering with the sauce and cheese…
- Directions say to leave the dish in the oven for 55 minutes..alter depending on your serving size…
Viola!! Truly an amazing evening in. I want to thank my lovely assistant honey Cristina for always making the kitchen fun for me. Remember bees, make it fun, enjoy your friends, oh- and if I can do it, so can you!! Muah.